在英语语法中，可数名词是指可以计算的个人、动物、地点、事物或想法。不可数名词不是单独的对象，所以它们不能被计数。在这里，我们来看看可数名词和不可数名词，并提供可数名词和不可数名词的例子。虽然这个概念看起来很有挑战性，但是您很快就会发现这两种不同的名词类型非常容易使用。In English grammar, countable nouns are individual people, animals, places, things, or ideas which can be counted. Uncountable nouns are not individual objects, so they cannot be counted. Here, we’ll take a look at countable and uncountable nouns and provide both countable noun examples and uncountable noun examples. Although the concept may seem challenging, you’ll soon discover that these two different noun types are very easy to use.
任何可以被数的东西，无论是单数的狗，房子，朋友等，或复数的几本书，许多橘子等，都是可数名词。下面的可数名词例子将帮助你了解可数名词和不可数名词之间的区别。注意，单数动词与单数可数名词连用，而复数动词与复数可数名词连用。Anything that can be counted, whether singular – a dog, a house, a friend, etc. or plural – a few books, lots of oranges, etc. is a countable noun. The following countable noun examples will help you to see the difference between countable and uncountable nouns. Notice that singular verbs are used with singular countable nouns, while plural verbs are used with plural countable nouns.
- There are at least twenty Italian restaurants in Little Italy.
- Megan took a lot of photographs when she went to the Grand Canyon.
- Your book is on the kitchen table.
- How many candles are on that birthday cake?
- You have several paintings to study in art appreciation class.
- There’s a big brown dog running around the neighborhood.
任何不可数的东西都是不可数名词。虽然不可数名词不是单独的对象，但它们总是单数的，人们必须总是使用单数动词与不可数名词连用。以下不可数名词的例子将帮助你更好地理解可数名词和不可数名词之间的区别。注意，动词单数通常与不可数名词连用。Anything that cannot be counted is an uncountable noun. Even though uncountable nouns are not individual objects, they are always singular and one must always use singular verbs in conjunction with uncountable nouns. The following uncountable noun examples will help you to gain even more understanding of how countable and uncountable nouns differ from one another. Notice that singular verbs are always used with uncountable nouns.
- There is no more water in the pond.
- Please help yourself to some cheese.
- I need to find information about Pulitzer Prize winners.
- You seem to have a high level of intelligence.
- Please take good care of your equipment.
- Let’s get rid of the garbage.
不可数名词可以与表达复数概念的词搭配。使用这些词可以使你的写作更具体。下面是一些用不可数名词来编排有趣句子的例子。Uncountable nouns can be paired with words expressing plural concept. Using these words can make your writing more specific. Here are some examples of how to format interesting sentences with uncountable nouns.
• Garbage – There are nine bags of garbage on the curb.
• Water – Try to drink at least eight glasses of water each day.
• Advice – She gave me a useful piece of advice.
• Bread – Please buy a loaf of bread.
• Furniture – A couch is a piece of furniture.
• Equipment – A backhoe is an expensive piece of equipment.
• Cheese – Please bag ten slices of cheese for me.