(Susanna found a picture in the book, Guide to China. Now she is asking Mr. Gao about it)
Susanna: Mr. Gao, who is the man in the picture?
Mr. Gao: Confucius, a pioneer in the field of education. He was born in the year 551 B.C. He was a great thinker who had many wise ideas about human nature and behavior. His main ideas are about kindness and good manners.
Susanna: Could you tell me more about him?
Mr. Gao: Of course. He was also a famous philosopher whose wise sayings have influenced many people in different countries. For example, one of his famous sayings, “He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in danger”, tells us the importance of learning and thinking.
Susanna: He was really a great man from whom I can learn a lot.
1. When I walk along with two others, I may be able to learn from them.
2. What you know, you know; what you don’t know, you don’t know.
3. Learn the new while reviewing the old.
4. Isn’t it a pleasure that friends come to see you from far away?
5. Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you.